Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Resting with The Dogs, Ireland" by Master Artist Martin Driscoll (1939-2011)

 "All my paintings are a prayer,
a song,a laugh, and tell old tales."

Inspiration for a painting starts with an emotional tug towards a subject matter. Frequently it begins with a gesture I see in an old photo or when observing someone in a restaurant, a museum, bookstore or where ever. I see a gesture, and I am immediately transported back in time to remembering my aunt, uncle, grandmother, mother, father or some relative who had that same way of standing, or tilting their head.
Suddenly the image leads me into a daydream story about the imagined person. I begin to wonder what they may be talking about or, what their lives are like.

All my paintings tell a tale. The tale is for my amusement.
It's my story. I paint it, but then it becomes someone else's story when they view it.
Imagine the beauty of that!

I love to think that I have touched another's heart when my painting becomes someone else's story.


- Original 2010 16"x20" oil on linen board, beautifully framed 
SOLD


Available as Artist Hand: signed, numbered,

limited edition of 350 prints, 
hand embellished (over-painted) archival giclee on stretched, artist grade canvas:
 
11"x 14" S/N (900) $250 --- Artist Proof (90) $350
20" x 24" S/N (350) $750 --- Artist Proof (35) $990
30" x 40" S/N (350) $1600 -- Artist Proof (35) $2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Art of Martin Driscoll (1939-2011) Collectable Gift Prints - $175 - beautifully custom framed

"The Eireann Collection" Collectable Gift Prints 11"x14" ( 15"x 18" framed) open edition giclee print only...