Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"O' Driscoll's Pub, Ireland" Print - by Artist Martin Driscoll

"O'Driscoll's Pub, Ireland"
by Master Artist Martin Driscoll (1939-2011)

'The Emerald Isle Experience'


In 1997, I went to visit my cousins in Ireland. I had been to Ireland so many times in the past, but this trip changed me utterly. Memories of my youth, my folks, relatives, the singing and the stories washed over me.


I wanted others to share my memories of Ireland, and the wonderful
Irish culture, that I fear will be lost. So I hold onto it by sharing my paintings.

All of my paintings of Ireland, be it a cityscape, landscape, or seascape have people in them.
Its those people that I want to capture and remember.


I want people who see my paintings to feel that there is a story that they are witnessing. I love stories and if I were a gifted writer, I would tell stories. I am not a gifted writer, so I tell the story, the best way that I can.
I could tell people about why I painted particular paintings, but I somehow feel that I want the person who is looking at a work of mine, to see his or her version of the story. Who knows, maybe their story is a better
one than mine.


- Original 2007 10"x29" oil linen board, beautifully framed ------- SOLD -------


Available as Artist HAND:
signed, numbered,
limited edition of 350 prints world wide,
hand embellished (over-painted),
archival giclee on stretched, artist grade canvas:


5" x 20" S/N ( edition of 900)$250
9" x 30.5" S/N (edition of 350) $750 ---- Artist's Proof (edition of 35)$990
11" x 38.5" S/N (350) $1600 ---- Artist's Proof (edition of 35)$2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Art of Martin Driscoll (1939-2011) Collectable Gift Prints - $175 - beautifully custom framed

"The Eireann Collection" Collectable Gift Prints 11"x14" ( 15"x 18" framed) open edition giclee print only...